Title: Account Executive, Group Sales
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports To: Director of Group Outings
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: This individual will be responsible for maintaining and developing new business through prospecting, cold calling and executing events focused on group sales of 100 people and more. He/she will establish and maintain client relationships and coordinate ticket distribution and client payment. The Group Sales Account Executive will make sales and create future visitations to ensure customer retention.
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
Maintain and develop new business targeted at large group sales through prospecting, cold calling, the use of co-op, vendor development and other sources as required
- Target top employers in the region for ballpark outings through including buyouts, picnics, group tickets, special offers, etc.
- Assist Director of Group Outings in implementing existing, and developing new, group sales plans
- Assist Director of Group Outings in maintaining data base for group sales targeted at schools, churches, associations, non-profit groups, youth organizations, etc.
- Oversee the organization and execution of specialty packages (ie. Birthday, Kids Club, Mug Club, etc.)
- Promote season tickets, skybox suite rentals and premium seat options for the organization as needed
- Be able to quote prices, provide proposals and meet with group clients that are interested in sponsorship opportunities with the organization
- Track activity through dedicated CRM, prepare and maintain records for sales leads and account status
- Provide continuous communication with clients and customers to develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Provide ongoing customer service to existing accounts throughout season by visiting them during games, provide amenities and others as requested
- Work toward continuous quality improvement
- Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
- Any other duties as required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills and ability required.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least one year or working for a professional sports team or equivalent organization
- Ability to attend most, if not all, home games
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License required
DBH IOWA, LLC/IOWA CUBS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply logic to solve problems from written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: This role requires employee to be on their feet regularly and lift up to 25 pounds
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Environmental – There is little to no exposure to hazardous environmental conditions
- Noise – Moderate (i.e. computers, printers, fax machines, etc.)