The GDI program will begin in April and will conclude in September. Interns are expected to be present for all IronPigs' games they are scheduled for. Although interns will not be scheduled to work 100% of the games, we are looking for qualified candidates that have open availability. We acknowledge that most colleges and universities do not end the school semester until May. The GDI Program is able to work with individuals that are still attending classes at that time.
Game day report time is approximately 3 hours prior to first pitch (4 p.m. for a standard 7:05 p.m. game). GDI's will be dismissed shortly after the game ends when all responsibilities are finished.
Game Day Interns are able to earn college credit.
- Assist in general game day setup including; giveaways, programs and sponsor tables
- Handle customer service inquires at front desk
- Assist promo crew with on-field entertainment and escorting mascots
- Lead Launch-A-Ball promotion sales throughout games
- Manage a food & beverage portable stand
- Assist the catering department with suites and hospitality areas
- Sell IronPigs merchandise throughout ballpark
- Assist promo crew in handing out giveaways and exit distributions
- Opportunity to volunteer for special projects (Baseball camps, ballpark events, etc.)
- Other responsibilities related to game day operations as assigned by IronPigs Front Office members
Students participating in the GDI Program will be exposed to a professional working experience and will gain valuable information in the following categories:
- Hands-on sales experience
- The Importance of event logistics and timing
- Executing marketing promotions
- Providing customer Service & problem solving
- Working as a team to reach a goal
- Networking with professional staff
- $35 per game - no housing provided
GDI positions will be posted shortly after the New Year and will be accepting applications through the end of February. All candidates will be contacted regarding the next step in the hiring process shortly thereafter. Please contact Dante Strella ([email protected]) or Daniel Sterenberg ([email protected]) with any questions.