Do you want to assist in and learn an industry that is fast-paced, family-friendly and set in a fun, sports environment? Where a ballpark is your 'office'? Now is your opportunity! The New Hampshire Fisher Cats are looking for ambassadors for the Fisher Cats Ambassador Program for the team's upcoming season. Whether it's in ticket sales, stadium operations, or anything in between, the Fisher Cats are the place to start your career in sports. Ready to apply? Click the button below to email over your resume to the Fisher Cats!
The Fisher Cats Ambassador Program provides a hands-on, learning experience designed to boost your sales and marketing skill set and develop your event operational 'know-how.' You'll also enjoy observational experiences outside of Delta Dental Stadium at local sports and entertainment venues.
In this seasonal role, you will gain valuable résumé experience and participate in "roundtable" group discussions with team executives who can provide deeper insight into the industry, the team, and careers with the Fisher Cats.
You will receive a stipend for Fisher Cats games worked and have opportunities to earn additional incentives based on performance. College credits may be earned.
- Engage in daily, unique interactions with fans that enter Delta Dental Stadium.
- Build and maintain relationships with Fisher Cats corporate clients, ticket holders, fans and front office colleagues.
- Generate sales leads and learn the art of selling from some of the most highly-trained individuals in the industry and make sales calls for individual ticket purchasers and groups.
- Participate and represent the team at numerous community events.
- Provide game day support by performing duties that make a Fisher Cats game safe and fun for fans to attend.
- Participate as a member of our 'Street Team,' which takes a region-wide marketing approach to "blanket" the region with schedules and promotional information to increase ticket sales and brand awareness.
- At least five (5) roundtable group discussion sessions led by team executives
- Opportunities to tour and participate in Q&A sessions with other teams and venues in the industry. Past locations have included Hartford Yard Goats (Double-A, Colorado Rockies), New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Portland Sea Dogs/Hadlock Field (Double-A, Boston Red Sox), the Boston Celtics, the Tsongas Center (Lowell, MA) , the Samuel Adams Brewery and more!
- Highly-valuable résumé experience with one of the region's most respected entertainment venues
- Opportunity to deepen your personal customer service skills and business contacts networks by developing relationships with fans and partners inside and outside of the stadium
- Stipend for games worked and the potential to earn additional performance-based
As a Fisher Cats Ambassador, you will learn through in-office mentorship opportunities, working alongside full-time, professional Fisher Cats employees. You'll gain insight into and actively participate in each of the following departments:
- Ticket Sales
- Stadium Operations and Maintenance
- General Office Management
- Marketing and Promotions
In addition to office time during regular business hours, you will learn alongside the Fisher Cats full-time staff, assistants on game days. You'll help create a fun, family-friendly experience for fans in the following ways:
- Community Relations
- Guest Service Specialist
- Sales and service for group outings
- Assistance with in-game, on-field promotions and/or graphics production
You need at least a high school diploma (or equivalent) and be able to provide a current résumé with at least two (2) non-related references. Current undergraduates wishing to receive credit for the ambassadorship should be in good standing with a 2-year or 4-year college or university.
You must be creative, hard-working, and possess a "whatever it takes" approach to your ambassadorship, and you must take pride in your customer service approach. Being independent and a self-starter. You should be ready for a career-building curriculum!
- The program runs from approximately May 13 through Labor Day weekend. If your academic schedule conflicts with these dates, please apply but list your dates of availability on your résumé.
- Ambassadors should plan to spend at least two days in the office each week during normal business hours and attend 75% of games based on a schedule created by the Fisher Cats and provided to each ambassador at orientation.
- Stipened pay for every Fisher Cats game you work. Additional pay for special events worked at the stadium.